For all our friends

This is another forward that really touched me, V and R..
And here it is from all of us to our friends from school and college days with whom through the marvels of modern technology we still keep in touch...an ocassional mail, a scrap in Orkut, a phone call on birthday's..
we are far apart but still in touch.. this one is for you friends...
and for the long lost friends who still can bring smiles...

* The Last leaf.....
Was thinking of old friends & friends today and how many of them have slipped away, Moved, got married, or stopped calling so much, Found new friends and friends got busy, and just lost touch. It reminded me of falling leaves. Every autumn the leaves fall from the trees.Some stay longer than others, but eventually - each leaf must fall, I'm told,Leaving the tree alone to face the cold. Why is it that in the time of utmost need the leaves would seek to leave the tree? And when we need our friends around we look and they can not be found? Of course these friendships come and go. And in the spring new leaves will grow. But I prefer autumn friends of old - with crackling laughter and colors bold. It saddens me now I must admit how somehow, someway, I did forget laughing with old friends of mine during summers when the sun would shine. And then I thought of you. That one stubborn leaf that won't let go, that lingers despite the winds that blow.Fighting ice, and snow, and winter's stings Hanging on right through till spring. So I guess that's what you are to me - The very last leaf to leave the tree. I know it seems silly, but it's true. When I see that last leaf...I think of you.

* Author unknown

0 Comments: